I do what I can to abide by the safe harbor provisions of 17 U.S.C. §512, otherwise known as Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Photos on this blog are either my own or from Pexels.com and Openverse, and thus free for me to use. All other material I quote, display, reference, or link to constitutes fair use as my blog is non-commercial. I feel I am allowed to display, link, and describe other content in the form of criticism, commentary, journalism, research, instruction, and analysis—but if you still think I should remove something, here is the only way to do it.
To contact me about a potential copyright infringement, I need a detailed, written explanation that includes at least the following:
- A valid email address to reply back to that does not come from Gmail, iCloud, or another free email service. The part of your email after the “@” sign must be the same as that of your brand, company, organization, etc. I will associate anything from free email providers as spam—if you own a domain, you should have your email address reflecting that.
- Some kind of linked visual or documented proof that you are the owner, or their legal representative, of the allegedly infringement, and a statement that the information provided is accurate, verifiable, and up-to-date. To prevent spam (and due to technicalities and my limited coding know-how), my contact page does not allow uploads and attachments. You must upload to your company’s host server and then send me the direct link to your proof identity and work ownership. Emails without these direct links, or that use URL shorteners, will be ignored and deleted.
- Identifying the material that you want modified or removed. Providing URLs help me locate content quickly.
- A reason explaining why how I use your content of is not fair use; not allowed to be re-published non-commercially, linked to, etc; or allowed to be commented upon by the copyright owner, their representative, or the law. Simple disagreement, differences in politics or points-of-view, or because you disagree with sex changes and same-sex relationships won’t suffice.
- I will not accept any kind of bribe to change my opinion on something because of my opinion, critique, etc.
- You must submit your request as an email, NOT as a blog comment—these kinds of blog comments will be ignored and deleted.
Under Section 512(f) of the DCMA, if you knowingly lie about me infringing upon others’ work, you may be subject to liability for damages. In other words, DON’T MAKE FALSE CLAIMS!
General Copyright Statement (aka the TL;DR): Anything posted is due to the “fair use” doctrine of copyright law for non-commercial purposes, especially for me to express an opinion, critique, or commentary; I don’t profit from this blog and am exercising my right to free speech. However, if you can civically explain why material should be removed, I may look into altering or removing things. Excuses such as simple disagreement, that you don’t like what I wrote or how I published things, you don’t like the fact that I am transsexual, and other pedantries do not suffice enough merit for removal, altercation, etc.
Initially created October 3, 2021. Updated December 1, 2022 for clarity and expansion.