Comments are welcomed and encouraged here, but there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted, included but not limited to:
- Posting spam or commercialisms in nature will be deleted without question. Including a link or two to relevant content is permitted. Anything with more than two links will be held for moderation.
- Comments must remain relevant to the post.
- No doxxing (the revealing of people’s personal information). You will be banned from posting again.
- If you post it, you give me the right to use it—to display, edit, reproduce, comment, critique, etc.
- While I will allow some degree of disagreement, I will not allow comments that degrade same-sex relationships, transmedicalism, or other aspects of transsexualism. I may allow posts advocating “gender critical therapy” depending on how the conversation goes.
- Anything that is or appears to be trolling, flame wars, personal attacks, will be deleted and prevent you from posting again.
- Anonymous comments will not be accepted. You must have a registered WordPress or social media account, bearing your name or real-world alias (e.g. nickname, middle name, etc), to publish comments. This is to help moderation and prevent banned users from trying to create ghost accounts and resubmitting content. The name field is for your name, not the headline of your latest post or for SEO-boosting anchor text. Anyone using a blatant keyword-grab (“Custom Kitchen SEO Paris Hilton San Diego Hotel”) will be edited to match their email username (the part before the @ symbol), or get deleted.
- I won’t delete due to bad grammar; as a linguistic descriptivist, however, I will not tolerate people who say how others should phrase themselves (aka “grammar Nazis” or the “alt-write”). I will instantly delete such comments.
- Posts with slur terms will be held for moderation. If used in context due to what I post, I may publish with or without editing. Straight up using such terms against others will be deleted.
- Leaving comments in place of contacting me will not be allowed, especially if it’s about the content I post; I will delete and ignore such comments.
- If you think I deleted your comment by mistake, then submit it again and tell me. Otherwise I can not get to the bottom of why this happens.
Some posts I may deem too controversial to allow comments, and will disable for that post. I also reserve the right to disable comments at any time for all my posts.
I have every right to edit or delete any comments submitted to the blog without notice, even if it’s just because I do not like what you post, with or without notice.
I am not and will not be held responsible for the reactions or feelings of you or others, from what others post in comments, from my post content, or from anything posted in the comments, pingbacks/trackbacks, anything I link to, and so on. Despite my long history with anxiety disorders, I will not post, label, or warn about content or trigger warnings.
This is my forum, not a public one. Your “right” to free speech is not violated here, because this is my house, my rules. Your right to free speech involves the government; as a private citizen running a private platform, I have the right to edit and/or delete anything as I see fit (of course, so long as I don’t falsely and libelously attribute anything to someone).
Leaving comments on the site lets me collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Created March 15, 2020. Updated February 20, 2023, for expansion and clarity.
You must be logged in to post a comment.